Teacher and Assistants-Self Help Inc. Summer Explorers Program
Location: Brockton and Norton
We are looking for dynamic, nurturing early childhood educators! As a teacher or teacher assistant you will be working as part of a team and be responsible for day to day classroom operations. Currently we are looking to fill our Summer Explorers 2020 Program for 3-6 year olds in Brockton and in Norton. Teachers and assistants will be assigned primarily to one site but may be asked to cover at the other site on occasion if necessary. You will have the opportunity to impact the lives of children by providing a safe, nurturing environment for them to develop in. Come join our supportive, exciting team!
- Work as part of a team to maintain constant and consistent nurturing, education and supervision of children ages 3-7 years old.
- Engage children in play and activities
- Plan curriculum with team
- Interact and communicate with families about children’s development in the program
- Conduct and write up observations of children
- Compliance with EEC regulations
- Oral and written communication proficiency
- Basic computer skills
- Collaboration skills
- Work Environment
Classroom setting and outdoors
This position would require the ability to push, pull, bend, kneel, sit on the floor, sit in smaller chairs and pick up/lift children as needed (up to approximately 60 lbs). Must be able to work on a team.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The program runs Monday through Friday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Full and Part-Time positions are available.
Competitive salary -varies based on position and experience
Required Education and Experience
• At least high school diploma required; degree preferred, but pay will depend on highest level of education completed.
• EEC Teacher Certification required for Lead Teacher and Teacher; preferred for Teacher Assistant
• Some experience with preschoolers/school age children in a group setting or home-base setting preferred.
• Must complete and pass MA CORI and fingerprinting.
• Basic computer skills.
- Able to push, pull, bend, kneel, sit on the floor, sit in smaller chairs and pick up children as needed.
- Able to visually supervise up to 20 children
- Able to lift children 3-7 years old (up to approximately 50-60 lbs)
- Able to bend, crouch, kneel and move suddenly if needed
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Annemarie Castro, Self Help Inc, Director of Child Care Services
Self Help Inc. is an equal opportunity Employer