Early Head Start Home Visitor
Self Help Inc., Head Start- Brockton, MA
$22.45-$25.00/hour depending on education, experience, and language
As a member of the Self Help Early Head Start team, the Home Visitor implements weekly home visits to pregnant woman and families with children under the age of three in the communities of Randolph, Holbrook, Brockton, Avon, and Stoughton. The Home Visitor also provides case management to families facilitating the development of family self- sufficiency goals and the identification of resources and supports in the community.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Professional experience working with families with infants and toddlers required
- Minimum of a CDA or willingness to complete CDA within 18 months of hire; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred with training in Early Childhood Education, Human Development of related field.
- Knowledge of community services and resource
- Experience or knowledge of Early Head Start/Head Start preferred
- Fluent in Haitian Creole, Portuguese and/or Cape Verdean Creole preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel
- A commitment to community work a must
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced Team environment
- Home Visits in Program Service Area
Self Help Inc., Head Start provides a quality, comprehensive early childhood program for limited income children and families. We provide an excellent benefit package. We are seeking applicants who have excellent communication skills, inter-personal, organizational and team building skills. Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
SHI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, marital status or sexual preference, political or union affiliation.
E-mail or mail resume to:
Self Help Inc., Head Start
370 Howard Street
Brockton, MA 0230