JOB TITLE: Energy Auditor
REPORTS TO: Director of Conservation
SALARY: $25 – $35/hour/Full-time
The Energy Auditor conducts Weatherization and Heating System assessments and educates the client on energy conservation.
- Responsible for conducting home energy audits, in process quality control and post work quality control inspections in support of Department of Energy, HEARTWAP and utility funded energy efficiency programs.
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funding source requirements.
- Provides client energy conservation education.
- Evaluates the condition of residential homes’ attics, basements and crawl spaces for insulation and air infiltration.
- Prepares measures for weatherization projects in accordance with DOE and Utility guidelines.
- Performs inspections and evaluations of heating systems in accordance with HEARTWAP and utility guidelines for safety and efficiency.
- Use diagnostic equipment to test heating systems and measure a home’s efficiency.
- Complete required documentation and submit to administration in a timely manner.
- Communicates next steps and sets expectations with clients about what to expect next.
- Communicates with contractors particular information or special needs for each job assigned.
- Maintain program records according to established standards.
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and /or funding source requirements, as well as Self Help Inc. policies and procedures.
- Schedules appointments as necessary.
- Attend and participate in engagement team meeting as requested and communicates effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Works with other members of the Conservation department to solve problems and develop additional knowledge required to progress to be an Energy Auditor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate technical terms to a diverse client base.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use tablets remotely to log in work measures.
- Ability to calculate dimensions, area, and volume.
- Commitment to working with people of different backgrounds and income levels.
- Ability to select the appropriate weatherization measures based on the construction and existing insulation in a home.
- Demonstrates ability to retain and apply regulatory policy requirements for selecting measures using Utility-approved priority lists.
- Have a full range of mobility in the upper and lower body.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in various positions including but not limited to: stooping, bending, kneeling, sitting, standing and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment and appliances to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 frequently and up to 75lbs. occasionally.
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED, with at least one year of experience in conducting energy audits required.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to meet insurance standards and is able to provide transportation between the office and clients homes.
Travel within the state is required. As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Energy Auditor will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by Self Help Inc. in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services and participating Utility providers. A successful background check is required. Applicants must be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID19.
SHI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, marital status or sexual preference, political or union affiliation.
E-mail or mail resume to:
Self Help Inc., Human Resources
45 Pearl Street
Brockton, MA 02301