SHI – Energy Conservation Outreach Assistant
Self Help, Inc focuses on helping people and changing lives through serving all Fuel Assistance and Utility discount rate clients. We are committed to eliminating the causes of poverty by empowering low-income individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency through a wide array of community-based collaborations and programs.
Under supervision and direction of the Energy Program Manager, performs outreach and assessment services for the agency’s weatherization programs in accordance with eligibility and structural guidelines as established by National Grid Electric, National Grid Gas, Eversource, Columbia Gas, Liberty Utilities and the Department of Energy (DHCD).
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Provides outreach services for agency’s Weatherization, AMP and HTWAP program.
2. Determines and documents client eligibility for agency services according to program
and agency guidelines.
3. Data entry all measures into the EAssist program.
4. Provides energy education and conservation information to clients as required by programs.
5. Maintains accurate records, client files, forms and paperwork and keeps current on program requirements and standards.
6. Attends meetings, workshops and training as directed by the Program Manager.
7. Maintains positive relations with clients, staff, and utility company representatives.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. One year of experience in sales, telemarketing, social services or a position involving frequent contact with the public.
2. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
3. Knowledge of and experience in weatherization, energy conservation or construction is highly desirable.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
2. Must have strong computer skills with experience in MS Word, Excel, etc.
3. Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
4. Must be able to relate well to all people of the community regardless of color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or socio-economic level.
6. Must use reasonable precautions in the performance of one’s duties and adhere to all applicable safety rules and practices; and act in such a manner as to assure at all times maximum safety to one’s self, fellow employees, clients and children.
7. Employment is contingent upon meeting all job requirements and background requirements: criminal history check, acknowledgement of child abuse reporting responsibility, criminal record statement, etc. Employment is contingent upon receiving a clearance from appropriate authorities.
8. Must understand, uphold, and continue working toward accomplishing the mission, strategic goals and performance measures of the agency.
Please email resumes to email@example.com by May 9, 2018