GENERAL ACCOUNTING STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Salary: Based on experience
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will play an integral role in the Finance team. The staff accountant will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles and ensuring adequate internal controls are in place for complete and accurate financial reporting.
- Responsible for day-to-day general ledger activities and month end processes.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and research discrepancies.
- Ensure that all revenues and expenses are properly posted to each grant.
- Assistant in maintaining the general ledger.
- Assist controller in assembling information for audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Understanding of General Accounting Principles.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative to assess current procedures and make recommendations as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize multiples tasks and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of Excel spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of Abila MIP Fund Accounting or equivalent accounting software experience.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field required.
At least two years related experience required.
Non-profit accounting experience required.
Fund and Grant accounting preferred
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
SHI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, marital status or sexual preference, political or union affiliation.
E-mail or mail resume to:
Self Help Inc., Human Resources
45 Pearl Street
Brockton, MA 02301