Fuel & Energy
The Energy Programs of Self Help, Inc. are designed to provide relief to households most vulnerable to high home heating costs. The Fuel Assistance/LIHEAP Program helps low-income families and individuals pay for and lower the cost of heating their home in winter, even if you rent. The Energy Efficiency Program helps stretch your energy dollars by providing free upgrades for insulation and weatherization, as well as heating system repairs and replacements for income eligible households.
Are you currently without heat?
If you are facing no heat, a shut off notice from a utility or are nearly out of fuel…
- Schedule an intake appointment if you have not yet completed the intake process.
- If you have completed an intake, contact our office immediately by phone or in person at 508-588-5440.
- YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE!
- We will need a copy of your shut off notice.
If your Heating System is not working
- Tenants must contact their landlords
- Homeowners may be eligible for emergency repair funds through the HEARTWAP program. Contact 508-580-4481 for more information.