Where do you turn for help when you don’t know where to turn?
Helping families and individuals get through periods of crisis – and empowering you to manage things while in the midst of crisis – is a lot of what Self Help, Inc. is about. We can help you find the resources that are right for you, right in your area, including:
- • Healthcare Providers and Referrals
- • Psychiatric Support Services
- • Substance Abuse Counseling
- • Homeless Shelters
- • Housing Programs
- • Child Care/Voucher Care
- • Employment and Training Programs
- • Short-Term Financial Assistance
Click their name to visit their website.
BAMSI is a private, non-profit human services organization providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and public health needs.
Some of the areas in which BAMSI specializes include:
• Housing • Temporary Financial Aid • Alternative Education
• HIV Testing • Educational Support Services • Health Care Referrals
• Day Programs for Adults with Developmental Disabilities • Problems Counseling
• Early Intervention for Infants/Toddlers with Disabilities • Family-Based Services
• WIC • Psychiatric Support Services • Disaster Recovery Services
• Residential Living Options for People with Disabilities • Case Management
• Comprehensive Information and Referrals
The mission of HCSM is very simple: To improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Issues that they help address include:
• Family Violence Prevention • Sexual Assault Prevention
• Teen Pregnancy Prevention • Teen Parent/Pregnant Teen Education Programs
• Educational Support Services • Family Planning
• Parenting/Family Support Groups • Adolescent/Youth Counseling
• Family Violence Counseling • Sexual Assault Counseling
• Gay/Lesbian Advocacy Groups • Technical Assistance Specializations
The TAFDC (Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children), EAEDC (Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled, and Children), and SSI (Supplemental Security Income) programs were designed to give a leg up to specific qualified parties in Massachusetts on a short-term basis to help them get through very tough, temporary financial circumstance.