How to Enroll in Head Start
Enrollment in the Self Help, Inc. Head Start program is ongoing. Preschool children age 2.9 to 5 whose parents reside in a Self Help service area and meet the Income Eligibility guidelines can enroll in the program. Working families who do not meet those income guidelines and have a child age 2.9 to 5 may still be eligible for Head Start through the State’s Childcare Voucher Program if they meet that program’s income guidelines. Under the State’s Childcare Voucher program, families pay a sliding fee based on total family income.
To enroll your child in the Self Help Head Start program, please complete the online form to begin the application process. Once your application is received a Self-Help staff member will contact you to complete the process:
We are open for applications Monday – Friday, from 8:30am – 4:00pm. Appointments are walk in only. Please call 508-587-1716 to ask questions.
You can make the appointment for our main office at the Ulysses G. Shelton, Jr. Head Start Center, 370 Howard Street in Brockton, or at any of our five other Head Start locations.
In order to process your Application, you should bring it and the following documents with you when you apply for enrollment:
- Proof of income (4 pay stubs, W-2 form, or print out from your Public Assistance provider
- Child’s birth certificate or baptismal record
- Social Security cards for all family members
- Signed documentation from a Physician, Therapist or other medical specialist if your child has any disabilities or handicaps
- Up to date immunizations with most recent physical information.
- Child’s dental record if available